What's new
What's new

Chmer

Noise1

Plastic
Hi all,
Does anyone here have anyexperience with Chmer Wire Edms?....Especially if programming them with Vector cad cam software. Any information or feedback on either of the above mentioned would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

I dont have any experience...but i came on today to ask anyone if they have a CHMER edm if they can post a program for me to view...I have a fellow employee in another facility who has one of those machines. We run a Mitsubishi, and i would like to see how the CHMERs are programed...

I need to write a program for him for fixtures i have built and am using 2 of....but he sent me a smaple with only geometry and one line with an S1501....which he says is all the technology.

but I need to know how chmer threads the wire from the program , how it cuts the wire in a program, how it fills the tank and drains the tank....how it turns on machining and wire feeding....basically all M codes on a mitsubishi machine....

I need to know optional stops, as well as program end......he is only running one very simple program so far.....and he cant give me the info I need...thanks

bob

thanks.....I got that tip a while ago. But I am hesitant to ask a company that didnt sell me the machine and knows i am not buying another....I figure they may give me the brush off....or weak info...knowing my situation.......I am also thinking that they would just say "go ask the company you bought the machine from"

but they dont know i dont know that info, and my have difficulty getting it....

bob

The guys at EDM Network are pretty reasonable... I wouldn't hesitate to ask them anything. Worst they can do is say no... Email Larry, he should be able to point you in the right direction [email protected]. Tell him Greg Hollister told you to contact him. He might tell you to take a hike, but I doubt it...
More than likely he'll send you a sample program.

FWIW, Chmer used to make wire EDM rebranded for Hardinge Hansvedt (mid 1990's I think) Original design had some issues with two PC based controls internally and conflicts between the PC's. But a few year later they fixed that and the subsequent models were ok. Hardinge dropped the line about 2001 or so I think.

Hardinge dropped the line about 2001 or so I think.
It is my understanding, that Hardinge pulled the plug on Hansvedt the day after 9/11.. The folks at Arrow now own the Hansvedt name. I hope they are sucessful in revitalizing it. Hansvedt made some nice machines, in a price range that small shops could afford.

D. Thomas is correct. The CHMER was imported by Hardinge and they put the Hansvedt name on it. Hansvedt was purchased by Hardinge so they could have an EDM division. There was a picture on the cover of an issue of EDM Today. The original machine had 2 cpu boards and this caused software crashes. CHMER completely redesigned the control so it now has 1 CPU board and software crashes are 99.9% non existant. They actually replaced many of the first machines with the new control. EDM Network purchased some of the machines from Hardinge and installed the new control. These machines have been very reliable. Also, Hansvedt is now back to being independent of Hardinge and does sell their original bench top edm machines.

The sinkers/conventional edms were being imported for many years by other companies under various names. Probably the better known is Charmilles. They were called the 2LC and 4LC and they also imported the CHMER edm drill until reciently.

EDM Network, Inc has been the exclusive importer of the CHMER products in the US for over 5 years now.

Like I said before, let me know if you have any additional questions !!

Even if you tell me Greg Hollister told you to call I'll still help !!! Hello Greg and thanks !!

Larry McNamee
[email protected]

Hey Larry, I was hoping you might pipe in here

It's been a while!!! I'm not involved with EDM any more but I still have dielectric in my veins :D
dvice - I told you he wasn't such a bad guy...

Back