What's new
What's new

Agie programming with Mastercam

demoj21

Stainless
Does anybody use Mastercam x2 to program a newer Agie wire. I am getting a Challenge 2 wire in and i am thinking about getting the wire post for the Mastercam.They have a sale going tell the end of the year so i have to decide quickly if i go this route. Also does anybody have a Agie with a probe.Do you like the probe, do you trust it as far as accuracy. Thanks in advance.

Demoj21

I strongly suggest you invest in PEPS for programming. It does a beautiful job with Agies. I have never had a posting problem with it and have been using it for 5-6 years now.

I have two Agies with the touch probe. They are very accurate, I trust them completely. I also use the C axis skew pickup, takes all the worry out of setup.

TMD

Hi,

The newest Agievision machines (with XP control) are provided with an application to do 2D drawings and ISO g-codes named AGIEGEO.
This application is based on the software for WireEDM Fikus VisualCAM (www.fikusvisualcam.com).

I am working for the company who develops this software so I suggest you to invest on Fikus. ;)
You will be able to transfer files from Agiegeo to Fikus without problems and we use a nice and easy to use Wizard to programm the Agievision machines.

If you have any question or doubt, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

I would also recommend peps as the best and most flexible system at generating script files. Other systems try but often the output file does to fully become machine compatible

Back