What's new
What's new

Need CAM software for Mits H110

G-Auto

Hot Rolled
Gents,

I am just getting into wire EDM with a Mits H110 that I just purchased. The fellow I bought the machine from was a Mits application engineer so he is going to help me set it up.

I am going to need CAM software. I do my designs in Autodesk Inventor and want to take my solid models and transfer to another software where I can develop the wire program.

I can't swing the 8k for Espirit right now or similar. Is there anything out there for 1-2k or so that's good?

TIA

"Good" is such a relative term.

I've used Peps, and currently Esprit, and both of those are quite good. If you just need 2 axis g-code, or standard conic tapering, there are several low end products that would do the trick, like Bob-wire (from the makers of Bob-cad).

If you really want to import solid models and drive 4 axis independent programs, I think you're going to have to spend some $'s. What type of parts do you anticipate burning? This will help decide what you need.

There's a shareware program (G-tech?, I could look it up if you want) that just puts out interpolation data, you would have to manually edit technology settings, offset values, machine specific codes for threading,etc, and copy and paste for multiple trim passes.

HTH, Cheers!

Right now I am only doing 2D shapes, no taper. I would like to ba able to access some of the internal machine controls thru the program such as what Espirit does (or I should say what my limited understanding of Espirit does).

If solids import is big $$ I can alway export an IGES or .dxf from Inventor....that's easy enough.

I am trying to get ahold of the Mecanic people for a price quote but so far no luck. Peps is about 5K. Sould I really look at Bob-wire? I have heard so many negitive comments about Bobcad.

Ill ck out sswire.
thanks

roysol

If you could look up G-tech I would appreciate it.....google search did not turn anything up.

I checked out Honesdale, PA....looks like you are way up in God's country

This is the one I had in mind, http://home.carolina.rr.com/gcodemcode/gcode.htm .

It is a free download with a 30 day trial. I think registration is about $300.00. This has the ability to output some standard start-up codes to help you. What will be missing from this, and all but the higher end products, is acess from within the software to the machine specific technology (cutting conditions) databases.

Having that capablity is very handy, but you may not find it as big an obstacle as you think.

I think you'll find Mechanic is more than you want to spend, and was designed for Agie's, so probably not your best bet. You can download an evaluation copy of Bob-wire and decide for your self.

I also found this http://www.dakeng.com/ace.html , which is open source free ware. If you google "dxf to gcode", you will find several items in these two categories.

When I lived in lower Bucks, I worked all over the area EG; Metco Mfg at 611 and County Line Rd. I started in Center City, and kept moving North. This is where I ended up after a stop in the Lehigh Valley area.

There's not as much work up here, but I have a good job, and as long as it stays that way, I'm real happy!

Cheers!

Back