What's new
What's new

Fanuc

We like it a lot. The control and wire threader are awesome. The machine is accurate. It is an Alpha IB. We bought it new in 2003. They are up to IC now I believe. The machine has never had a breakdown and has run almost around the clock for over 3 years now. (Of course we have replaced normal wear items) Not too shabby. Methods service is excellent. They flashed the machine twice for us for free (upgraded software). I did do test cuts when I bought it against 2 other machines and it performed the best by far. Speed was a little better but part accuracy was MUCH better. It was a 14 inch high part, straight on 3 sides with 1/2 degree taper on the fourth side. The operator loves it. I would recommend Fanuc wire machines all day long. One of the best machine purchases I have made. We won't talk about a couple of the bad ones. Nobody is perfect.

So u don't do the setting's at the machine? U can program it like the mits and put the power, offset and passes in your program in esprit.

Yes, there is a number associated with each power setting,and are called out with an "E" prefix like the Mits. The differnce is that the offset and feedrate come along with the power setting callout, but also can be edited if you choose. There are many more power setting options depending on cutting conditions, finishes, speed, and desired accuracies, etc.

It may be a bit pricey (I think it's about $5000.00) but look into PC Fapt cut for your Fanuc wire machines.

All of the settings are there for offsets,cutting conditions...etc.

I have 3 Fanuc 1iC machines running all most 24-7 using work coordniates through Pc Fapt.

Plus when you purchase it through Methods you will get FREE Training!

Yes, PC Fapt out is a perfect fit for the Fanuc. If it could import some of the geometry I get, that's what I'd use... Solids, etc..

We already had Mastercam Mill so adding wire to the seat made more sense than buying and learning new software. It was pretty reasonable in price to add it to an existing sim. The guys use the same CAD model as we are using for Mastercam Mill. If you have Mastercam Mill already and you have trained people, I think it is the way to go for wire. The learning curve for Mill to Wire is very very short and the geometry you need is pretty much there for you already.

I just do wire edm work. I have two mits that i program with esprit. The fanuc has some nice features. How do you like to fanuc compared to the mits. What does the fanuc stuggle at?

The Fanuc doesn't struggle with anything if the operator knows what he's doing. We are a mold making job shop and have had to cut a lot of different style parts, including a lot of very tall ones. If the setup is right and the machine is maintained properly it just keeps cutting. My guess is that general rule applies to other machines as well. We have no other brand experience other than the test cut we based the purchase on.

Back