What's new
What's new

Retrofit 14.1" flat screen to Charmilles 310

Or maybe it can't... Let us not forget Charmilles crazy little floppy disk drive that costs $300 to replace...
They have a nasty little habbit of making things just different enough that you have to go to them...

Yes, I went through the floppy disk drive thing also. I have talked to Dynamic Display and they can do a flat screen for $1,300.00. I want to know if I can get something from Best Buy.

Hi guys, I did just that ! My CPU crapped out on my Charmilles 510, so I ordered a new one from Charmilles. Needless to say the new mother board would not recognize the old monitor and I was told that I would have to buy a new monitor from them at a cost of $2800 US., I laughed my a$$ off and told them their nuts. Told my boss what they said and then I told him to follow me to the front office. On the way I told him that I needed his approval to take the secretary's 15" flat screen and we could replace it with a new 17" and she would be happy. A hour later I made bracket mounts from 1/2" x 1" aluminum angle stock, mounted it in and was up and running !!! Saved the company over $3000 Can. but no financial kick back for me. Oh well, proved my worth yet again that day.

Marty :D :D :D

I bought a 17" monitor, bigger is better right??? well way too big, I thnk a 15" will be too big, I will try that today. Can't find a 14.1" montor. That would work perfect.

Well off the shelve LCD monitors won't work. The signal from the machine is CGA/EGA and the new monitors don't support it. Any suggestions?

Back