What's new
What's new

Help Requested Charmilles D1-S

SMW Precision

Plastic
I have been interested in the EDM process for several years and a machine became available. Of course it is a 1966 version with a PS2 Power supply. Machine shows less than 5,000 hours of operation. In nice condition though ready for a good clean, oil and reset. A desirable accessory came with the machine a Rotobore Unit. I am not planning on normal usage though I have some projects and prototypes that are only practical using an EDM.
While I received extensive documentation with the machine; missing is the Operation & Setup Manual. While I can fake it; if someone has a D1-S ops manual I would appreciate a copy, please contact me. I do have an extra original D1-S operator training manual if some one has a need.

Thanks,

Ken

Take a look at this site. It's the only manual they have listed for Charmilles, the header says "D15", the subhead says "DIS", and I think it may in fact be "D1-S", what you are looking for.

They describe it as an "User's manual", 175 pages. They list the price as $200.00

Cheers!

Roy Solomon

I may have the manual you are looking for. If you still need it, send me a private email. Used to be a Charmilles Service Engineer, worked almost exclusively on the old sinkers. Still have a large library of manuals for many Charmilles sinkers. The D1S, by the way, was the second EDM machine model Charmilles sold in the U.S.

Back