What's new
What's new

Looking for an easy affordable sinker edm

The shop I work for would greatly benifit from a sinker edm that would allow us to tap in harden steel or add a screw hole or start hole for that matter it does not need to be one were it is automatic I have operated sinkers were you have to sit there and turn it manually to tap but for start holes and screw holes an automatic ram would be great. If anyone knows were I could find such a machine for a good price please let me know.

Michael,

I dont know if this is your idea of affordable but I was just browsing the for sale section and this post has a few EDM's for sale you might want to look at.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/5174.html

ELOX EDM Solutions 50 AMP 3 axis EDM 12 X 18 tank 2000. 6 X 12 magnetic chuck included. Quick change tool holders, Excellent working condition
2 available
$10,250
Gromax 50 AMP 3 axis EDM 2003. 6 X 12 magnetic chuck, several tool holders included, excellent working condition
$11,000
Dimitri

Michael,
I have a manual sinker with CNC orbitor which would allow tapping holes easily, machine is easy to run parts and service local, non import. Will be selling machine soon, have purchased another machine,CNC, to replace it. Email for details.
RK

Back