What's new
What's new

Using G13 on Charmilles 240CC with Millennium Control

huskermcdoogle

Stainless
I want to use G13 to change my generator parameters and whatnot during operation. A guy from charmilles told me what to do but I can't seem to get it to carry through. I know how to manually change them while you are burning, but would like to program it to make my parts run faster as I can optimize my speed in the thicker portion of my part, but slow down on the ends so I don't break my wire.

Husker

What seems to be the problem?
I haven't used this in a while but may be able to help. Are you starting with a "user tec " file? I don't remember if this is neccessary or not. I used "G13 Y20" for ex. to raise "B" time
in a burn with bad flush on one side.

I am having wire breakage on entry and exit because, my tech file is written for .5" and I am going across a diameter so in the beginning and end it has too much energy, and most of the time the wire breaks. Plus I am cutting carbide, not that that is usually a problem, but I want to reduce cycle time because I have hundreds of these parts and could get them done much faster if I could do two loads a night vs one which would allow me to undo my setup sooner giving me more versatility during the day and not have half of my machine table tied up for two months. I am using a User Technology file and can change the settings, I just need to be able to do it in the program.

Husker

Jay Cee is correct, you can alter your frequency at beginning and end.
Also you can also change your att which is the length of your auto lenth of entry.
You can change this in your call file or using G13 L...

Another thing to do is to limit your speed, this works for alot of situations like thin material and staggered heights. What happens in a round piece is that the machining happens quickly in thin material and the machine builds speed but soon it is too fast for what is ahead and it shorts out and breaks a wire. Take your calculated speed from ct expert and divide by 60 to get inches then divide by .288 to get final speed (27.1 would be 1.568) put that number in table

Back