What's new
What's new

Hurco 425 Mark 2 30/10 EDM

haslagl

Plastic
HELP! I purchased a Hurco EDM with very low hours on it. My problem is that the manuals I have are for a Hurco 425 Mark 2 with 25A pr 50A generators. The controls are somewhat similar but not in some ways if that make sense. I would like to know if someone out there has a machine like mine with manuals that I could reference. I would be happy to take a digital picture of the controller and send it to someone or post it. Thanks

haslagl

Not that you think we're ignoring you.

I've been at this a long time (EDM), and I wasn't aware that Hurco ever sold an EDM, until I happened to see one on EBay recently (maybe the one you bought). I presume they no longer make them, and that they probably didn't sell very many of them.

You might have tried already, but I would contact Hurco first. I think it's unlikely that any users of that model are here. Another place to call is these guys. I looked at their online listing, and nothing for Hurco, but they claim they have much more available than what's listed, you've got nothing to lose but a phone call.

Beyond that, there are some techniques to figure out what you need to know, without the manuals. They are tedious and time consuming, but just consider it part of the total cost of buying a useable machine. You get a good price by buying an orphan, but it means certain other trade offs, such as the downtime to source or make replacement parts that are no longer available. You may have some trouble with basic consumable/wear parts.

Hopefully you have some EDM experience, or you will be trying to figure that out, at the same time you are trying to understand the idiosyncrasies of your particular machine, and they all have their little quirks. EDM itself is becoming less of a black art, and more of a science, all the time. I still say it takes a certain Zen quality, to become "one", with the machine ;)

If you have more specific questions, I'll try to help. Any chance that's actually manufactured by someone else, and re-branded to Hurco? Maybe a picture would help. Anybody know?

Happy sparking!

Roy Solomon

For a while in the late '80s and early '90s, Hurco had taken ownership of Eltee Pulsitron, and sold and serviced Eltees under the Hurco name. The models did not change as far as I know. It was a great machine, but you can't buy one new these days. I know there's a few guys out there still providing service and support on these machines. You might have better luck searching for information on Eltee Pulsitron. Good Luck!

Thanks, EDM AE.

If that's the case, that's actually good news for you, haslagl. There are indeed several companies supporting Eltees.

Get busy posting some pic's, there's a good chance someone can identify it, and point you to a good vendor. Upload pictures to Photobucket, or an equivalent. If you're not sure, do a search here, and there's threads to explain what to do.

Cheers!

Roy Solomon

I found this thread , follow the link and send a private message (the icon at the top of their comment that's an envelope, and two people shaking hands), it would appear one or both of those two have what you need.

Cheers!

Roy Solomon

Back