What's new
What's new

Charmilles 300 wire edm

jcbinc

Plastic
I am looking for a wire edm with a big Z travel. I found a Charmilles 300 wire edm used and I was going to bid on it. Are there any problems with these and what are they bringing on todays markets. I have the option of buying a new tawain edm with the travels also. It is a toy for an old man who likes to tinker with neat toys. I have a sinker already.

I have been told a new Charmilles machine of this capacity would be about 200,000 dollars.

John

John
I have run a 300 (1992-1994)and loved the machine except it didn't have an auto threader. This was my first experience with wire. After several years and several other brands, I am currently running two charmilles 440cc and am very happy with them. True the prices of new machines is in the lower range of $200,000. Mine are two years old and cost around $200,000 each.

If you are tinkering around, you may not need a threader but,if you in the future want to do some unattended burning make sure it has this feature.
I have seen these machine listed for $40,000
to $70,000 depending on year and condition (don't know if they sold). If you can afford to have charmilles come in and take a look at it for you after you get it set up. Also you can get a hold of charmilles for any records of maintenance and parts for this machine.

Cameron

A showroom 310 went for $150k 6 years ago. 5 years of burning stainless and tungsten and it was wasted. Someone may have put the DI bottles on backwards, too...I don't remember. Good machine if ITS IN GOOD SHAPE. If you can, try to see it run.

Autothreading is really no big deal, unless you hate threading by hand or have hundreds of holes to do. The wires I ran never threaded worth a s**t anyway and it never bothered me.

The only thing I will say bad about that model is it's not submerged and could never cut carbide worth a dang.

To try and compare it to a new machine's price tag of $200K ain't right (not that you were). They have nothing in common except the orange paint job and those little ceramic pre-guides. That new $200,000 machine will blow a brand new 300 out of the DI water. These new 240CC and 440CC's are unbelievably fast, accurate, and capable of crazy finishes. I just pulled a 5 micro straight from the machine on a piece of carbide. I'm sorry to say but the 300 will never do that.

we can't use our charmilles robofil 190.
we need disquettes system .is there any one who have the soft of this machine .
thank

You can get the software disks from Charmilles. They should cost you anythingjust tell them something happened to yours. You get free Tech service from Charmilloes when you own one of their machines.

John,

Take a look at this machine Ebay # 7608908425. I bought a lathe from these guys that has served me well and considered this before opting for a New Fanuc. If memory serves me correctly the history checked out very well and these guy seem to be straight shooters.

Back