What's new
What's new

Question on Sodick

Dimitri

Titanium
So I learnt to run a Sodick its alittle older machine (4-5 years old I belive), cant remember the control version which will make this question harder to answer I realize but any tips would be great as I'll be running it agian tommorrow.

Anyways the thing is it didn't want to read my floppy disk with the files on it. Is there a especific way it wants to have the file names ?? :confused:

Also any tips or tricks you've learnt using the Sodick line of machines would be good to know.

Dimitri

Wiretooling,

Thanks for the reply, I had that but it refused to read the disk at all, I think the disk drive might have died. :(

Anyways I got the parts running and ran the 2 parts internal machining (think of something like a washer execpt bigger and not just a hole in a disk) properly today which was good because the machine stopped last time when it hit a limit switch so I had to think alittle and save the part and it worked out well and I'm pretty confidant on my ablity to run the Sodick now seems pretty easy actually. I did started to build a fixture for the outside of the part to be wired EDM'ed but I got sided tracked with another thing which took priority to do so I'm not going to get to run the outside of the parts.

Dimitri

Dimitri

On my 535L any files you down load must not have more than 8 letters/numbers, no spacers and no full stops, commers etc.Could be your problem.

I'm not familiar with the Sodick, but on my Mits of that vintage, it will only take double density (720K) disks, not high density(1.44 Mb), and it wants to format them itself. If you take a double density disk formated from winows xp, it won't read it.

You can't lie to it either, if you take a high density disk and format it as double density, it won't read that either.

Cheers!

Back