What's new
What's new

1997 Methods Exeron sinker EDM for sale

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
On eBay here

What do you guys think ? Will it sell at that price ? Seems insanely cheap considering what it cost new, C axis, tool changer, tooling, etc. but folks may be skiddish if not Methods customers...

[ 03-31-2007, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: D. Thomas ]

The "C" axis will be the selling point... I just looked into a retro on a Charmilles and it was going to run me about $30K.
60 amps is nice as well. Although, I wonder if that's a mistake. I thought rams went 32amps then 64amps... I could be wrong.

Hello.
EXERON sinker machine is good.Im have a type 312 and 313 in to job shop.Machine working 5-ve years 7 day in week without problems.European salesman in my country is expert in this.

Does seem cheap... But you never know with ebay.. (I know, that's an understatement)

Might add more info on the tooling. The Tooling can get quite pricey for an EDM so an "excellent selection of expensive tooling" dosen't give much information. Probably just a pic or 2 would be sufficient.
Just a thought!
Greg

Sounds fair, like above post regarding tooling, looks like Hirschman tooling, not very popular like 3R, or Erowa, could be expensive to change out chuck on ram to accommodate more popular tooling,kind of limits your market, most shops stick with the tooling system they have, I would consider if it was 3R,looking for machine w/C and tool changer.
Good luck.
RK

Yes it is Hirschman and yes I should have pictures of it and more descriptions of it but in the case I don't actually own the machine, so I have to go with what the customer sent me. The pictures are not good either...don't really convey the entire mass of the machine. But now it's diconnected from the control, so can't take new pictures either. Could of the tooling though, and closeup of the handwheel, things like that. Will do that if it doesn't sell this time.

The Exeron shown here appears to be in very good condition. For the money, I'm sure it should have no problem finding a new home. As for the Hirschmann tooling and chuck, both Erowa and System 3R are very willing to take these in trade and convert them to their own at a very economical price (I've even heard of free in some cases- first time tooling system buyer, etc.), as it secures repeat tooling sales for them. The generator output increment for Exeron (as with Makino) is 30 amps.

I just now added some pictures showing the tooling, view of the "innards" of the machine and control, voltage transformer, etc.

I had not even noticed the hour meter until today...2,538 !!

When I first posted notice of this machine here I wasn't aware of the hours. Isn't 2,538 hours *very* low hours for a 9 year old CNC sinker EDM ?

It didn't sell on eBay this time...maybe I'll put it back up in a few weeks. Probably should sneak it in a Hoff Hilk auction ....probably go for over $40K !

Back