What's new
What's new

Types of Di-electric fuild?

Dimitri

Titanium
I was wondering what is your prefernces of di-electric fuild and which ones you belive are the best for general applications on a sink EDM ?? :confused:

Dimitri

All through the years, I used Texaco EDM oil. 6 or 8 years ago, I switched over to Commonwealth EDM oil. I cannot really tell much difference, but then again, my EDM is not state-of-the-art..

I do not really keep up with the latest, but the are some oils that are supposed to be much better. One is the flourescent green oil with " satellite electrons" or something like that..

I believe it's also sold under the Rustlick brand but I forget what they call it. I was told it was the same thing.

Another vote for Iono plus, that is the "green" stuff that Davis mentions. It's a synthetic with low viscocity, a high flash point, as easy on your hands as you can get, doesn't break down the hydro-carbons, and no industrial dermatitis.

Good stuff, last I looked about $800.00 for 55 gallons.

Nope, what ever you would use for a natural oil will work.

It even keeps the tank cleaner :D

Seriously though, if you work with an average grade EDM oil for a while, then switch to Iono plus, the difference is amazing. Flushes the gap better so you burn cleaner and faster. You pretty much never have to change it, it won't go rancid, I've had the current batch in my machine for 4 years, just topping it off.

Happy sparking!

Back