What's new
What's new

Charmilles wire reversing axis direction...

wire mike

Plastic
Hello,
I run a Charmilles Robofil 240 and on 3 diffrent
occasions (in a span of 2 years)I have had the remote hand control reverse the direction the axis moves in. For example if you press the button for x positive movement, the machine moves in x negative movement. Same in y but not in Z. The first time it happened I thought I was going nuts till I brought someone over to the machine to confirm what was happening. Seems to occur when a hard limit was hit, or some other incident that abbrubtly stops the machine. Only way I found to get out of it was to restart the machine. Was just wondering if anyone else has experinced this.

Thanks!
Mike

I know the Mits has buttons that mirrors the X or Y axis. Also there is a button that EXCHANGES the axis. Maybe there is a button on the charmille that does the same thing...

bob

Remote issues

Just recently had complaint about x+ direction not working on a robofil 440, once it works once, though, it's pretty much good for the rest of the day, I think it may have something to do with the printed circuit board, but your problem sounds more like a problem with the control in the computer, maybe some parameter that if the machine hard faults, it will back off?

Yeah, had that happen a few times also. We shut the machine down and reset something in the cabinet. It was a switch or a breaker. I'll take a look tomorrow at work to see what it is. I was told it initializes the memory between the CT Millennium control and the Fanuc control that runs the background.

For example if you press the button for x positive movement, the machine moves in x negative movement. Same in y but not in Z.

In my opinion this could be caused of a rotation (ROT=180) rather than a mirror in one axis.

If the above doesn't apply I would: first see if the counting in Fanuc-mode is right or not. Then... I would call AgieCharmilles. :)

Back