What's new
What's new

what's a fair price on a hansvedt cs1

agertool

Aluminum
Ok, here is a question for you guys. I am going to be looking at a hansvedt cs1 this weekend. The guy that has it repossesed it alond with the other equipment that his tenant has for back rent. The former tenant was trying tosell it for $8000.00, all I know that it has low hours in excellant condition and he bought it new, this is the info from the former tenant. I don't know what else comes with it if anything, will find out Sat when I go and look at it.The building owner who repoed it and is now selling the equipment says to come look at it and make and offer because he needs to move the equipment out so he rent the building again. Sounds like he is ready to wheel and deal from talking to him. I feel that $8000 is a bit steep since from what I can tell it doesn't have orbiting capabilities but this I don't know yet. So, here's the question, assuming that this is a bare bones machine, what do you think it's worth? My thinking is that if he wants to move this equipment out quickly, perhaps I would offer half of the former tenants asking price ( the tenant is not invloved in selling this stuff)and see what he thinks. I also plan on picking up some other stuff he wants to sell as well, arbor press, milling machine, misc tooling, etc so this would be a package deal. So, am I out of line in my thinking on what it's worth? Let me know what you think....

Bill

Small Manual EDM?
In this situation, I wouldn't offer much at all, 1K maybe 2K?
He has machines taking up space that he needs to get cleaned out. Best place to get a bargain ;)
If he has to move them out himself it will cost him money, and with the machines taking up space, it's costing him money. SO, try and low ball it and see what happens, you can always come back with a higher offer.
I do not know the value of the Hansvedt but I do know they are good machines, 8K sounds high to me course 4k sounds high to me as well.
That's just my opinion... Play the "technology" card, a 10 year old machine has obsolete electronics... It dosen't hurt to find out how much back rent is owed either.

NOW, for the precautions... MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, THAT THE LANDLORD ACTUALLY LEGALLY OWNS THE MACHINES!!!!!!!! You might buy something and find that the bank, leasing company or previous owner still owns it. He should have legal documents vacating the property for the back rent. If he can't show court documents, I would be leary.
If you get a really good package deal, let us know, you might re-sell some of it at a profit

Greg

The thought crossed my mind as well to be sure about this. I do intend on checking this out to be sure, would hate to pay and find out later I screwed over!
I let know what I find out, thanks for the info...

Bill

IIRC, the CS-1 sold for around 20K new. It is the Grey one, built with an integal base. A friend has one, pretty good machine.

I have a Hansvedt MS-1, it is the higher-end one, on the Lista cabinet, 3 axis Anilam DRO, with the 3-R CNC orbitor, and a lot of 3R tooling that is for sale. Bought new, and only run by me, looks like new, very little use. I am getting out of the mold business..

As others have mentioned, be very careful about the ownership of the machines at that shop.. It would be easy to get caught up in a legal boondangle...

ok, went to look at the machine today, as I said, there are two of them. Both are in tip top shape, both have electro mag chucks and read outs. One has a Harig spin attachment for the C axis the other has just a v block, they also have the dielectric with them as well, there may be other tooling but the machine owner couldn't make it and the landlord didnt know what else there was. I called the machine owner up and talked to him and was told that he already turned down $4000 before but that was a while ago and is going to think about over the weekend. The machines are 9 years old but as I said, perfect shape, look like new and have smooth table movement.

I think for what they are it seems like a fair deal if he accepts it. I will let you all know next week I guess.

Bill

Back