What's new
What's new

robofil 300 or agie 220?

greggv

Hot Rolled
I'm completely ignorant about wedm, but it seems I'm gonna hafta learn. I've gotten quotes from 2 different places, one an "extreme rebuilt" Robofil 300, 50,000 inc. installation, training and a 30 day warranty, machine looks new. The second a rebuilt Agie MMD 220 for the same price, includes install, training and a warranty, same price. Which would be the better machine?The first machine is from edm links, the second machine is from a place called the edm network. Anyone ever hear of either of these places? Thanks, Gregg

Both are good machines. Personally I would go with EDM Network, I don't know anything about EDM Links but know the guys at EDM Network and they WILL take care of you.
I'm also more partial to the Agie than the Charmilles, but that's pretty much a personal preference as they will both do a good job.
Good Luck!
Greg

We have three Robofil machines where I work and really like them. I've never run an Agie, so I can't compare directly. They're both top notch machines.

I'll second the vote of confidence for EDM Network.

Well, we stepped up and bought the Robofil, and a copy of Peps wire, and some tooling for the machine. Came to 61,000. I'll let you know how it works out.

I bought my 310 from EDM Network. Good machine. good service, good warrenty. I bought it almost 2 years ago with only 5,000 hours for about the same price.

I'm going to have to clarify my last post. We bought the Agie from EDM Network, and at this point are very happy with the machine, and EDM Network. We had a few issues with the machine, and EDM Network took care of them promptly. It's a rather steep learning curve, but managable. EDM Network has excellent support of Agies with Ron Crook and Philippe. I would have to say we are very pleased with our purchase thus far, and the service and warranty are excellent!

Back