What's new
What's new

mecanic vs peps

Hifeed

Plastic
Hello, which software is better for programming an Agie AC50 and 150HSS, Mecanic or peps? Also what are the differences between these programs? I plan on purchasing one, and would sure appreciate some input from the experienced wire people out there. Thanks :eek:

Been using Mecanic for 20+ years with no problems.Currently we are running the XP compatable version with dual monitors. In the whole time I've never had a program that wouldn't run on out machine after posting. If the program posts successufully it will run with no problems. Most of our work is straight or in advanced conic(taped mold cavities or dieclearance) no 3-D. Can't say about PEPs never used it, I know there are a few on this site who have. Have you had a chance to try each system? Good luck in you search. Mark

TMD: Not to hijack this thread but I have a question about PEPs. Could you convert you Mecanic order files over so they could be read, or just start again from scratch? Thanks Mark

My mecanix (unix based on an HP computer)- - computer crashed so never had the chance to find out. At that point (about 10 years ago) I got Esprit and used it for a few years until I found Peps. I found Peps to be a lot more intuitive and easier to use that Esprit. Esprit still lurks on my hard drive, but have not used it for years. I never did the graphic work on my mecanix because it was such a burden and the screen really got to be a mess as I could not trim any elements (lines and circles). I guess the new Mecanix is different so can't do a current comparision. My cad work is always done on a cad program and dxf exported to Peps.

TMD

I just paid 4750 for the PEPS Wire program. I've no feedback on it, as I haven't used it yet. Our training on it is next week. After seeing that, I'll tell you what I think.

I paid $6259 for peps. This price includes 4 axis capability. So far the programs it has posted were bulletproof. I have also imported files from my OneCNC Mill Expert software to PEPS with no problems at all. PEPS was very easy to learn although not as fast to draw in as my ONECNC Mill Expet I am just a small shop trying to get started so money is tight but I firmly believe my most important asset is quality. That said buying cheaper, less capable software for my Agie is more costly in the end.

Training was done by a Peps guy name of Kieth Davis, as good a trainer as I have seen. He even came by our shop after training and set up my software,and gave me several good tips on our machine. (He's an AGIE guy) I would say that it's very easy software to run, still being very green at it, but I've already made working programs with it. If you're using it on an AGIE, it loads the right technology for you, makes the .job and the .geo file, all you have to do is load the files and cut!What we got for $4750 is not 4 axis, but will do some taper stuff I think.

Back