What's new
What's new

Does water temp effect DI life??

I have no experience with shutting down chillers overnight, mine run 24/7 so there is never a load getting the water chilled when I need the machine. A day off/on cycle should not hurt bead life. What I think would degrade the resin is if you were shutting the chiller down for a month at a time and allowing algae to grow.

TMD

[ 06-22-2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: TheMetalDoctor ]

I too do not believe that turning the chillers off will affect the resin life, unless the temp gets extremely high. Higher water temps will affect the time that the machine needs to normalize in the AM though.

No.

If the machines are not running overnight they get shut off or put in stand-by, chillers and all.

Still, it doesn't happen often with the work load we've currently got.

Electricity ain't cheap around here.

JayCee

IS your chiller loop circulates through the resintank?
Not sure how other machines are set up, but on the Brothers the chiller is a completely separate system.
Takes from the clean, returns to the clean.
The resin loop has a solenoid, so when the fill/flush pump runs it opens, water splits from the clean flush volume, goes through the bottle and returns into the clean in a round robin.

My chillers don't run through the DI. Most of them have a heat exchanger so I'm not even sharing the same water...
I agree with not letting them sit down for a month. I can see where that would be a problem.
Thanks for the replies... Just wanted to make sure I wasn't spending a dollar to save a quarter.

Back