What's new
What's new

seal plate alarm problems

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
we have a MIT fx20 that I can't get to run because of a @##$#@! maintenece alarm for the seal plate. There is no option to reset the timer so I entered in an ubsurd 5000 for the next alarm notifacation each time I ran a program and that worked for a while. Now it just defaults back to 500 each time I start a program. with 509 in on the actual hours timer obviously she won't run.
Help save me head from exploding,
Frustrated Steve

There is a program that mits provides that resets your timer. It only takes a minute to run and I believe it recalibrates the feedback on your servo's. If you don't have it, I'm sure mits can email it to you. Program is probably labled 9999. Can't remember it's actual name.

Seal plate timer, I think it's on the english language disk. If you like, I will get the L#, and let you know what disk it is on.

Bill

Steve, the seal plate timer program is on the english disk, in dobbs.nc, L99999300, if it's not allready loaded in your machine.

to reset seal plate timer:
1. put machine in metric
2. zero point return
3. zero X & Y at home position
4. set Z as you normally do
5. move to X250.0 & Y-340.0 & Z50.0
6. thread wire & fill tank
7. turn addaptive off
8. run L99999300

Thats it if you don't allready have it. This info from our 1997 FX20.

Bill

Most importantly here, don't forget to actually DO maintenance on the seal plate at this time. Won't take more than a few minutes; clean the plate as much as you can from the tank with some scotchbrite, then remove the little cover that sticks out from the side of the machine, jog to X- side, clean, jog X+, clean.

Your seal plate will thank you. Maintenance and cleaning is EXTREMELY important. Keeping slugs and debris out of the worktank as much as possible will also help greatly to extend the seal plate life. I have seen everything from machines that were 10 years old and only just now needing a seal plate in shops that took meticulous care of their machinery, to seal plates failing in less than 6 months in less maintenance savy shops.

From someone who has done dozens of FX seal plates; it's not a job you want to do any time soon!

Once you wipe it down, then run the seal plate program ;)

That's right, we clean the seal plates every week or two. To have to reset the seal plate timer when your right in the middle of something is very annoying.

Bill

I think MitsTech is right just better to be alert with the maintenance aspect.
Better to tkae precaution then prevention.

Back