What's new
What's new

cost efective machining cnc

krusen

Plastic
I have a fadal vmc in my garage.
I have no overhead costs no employees to pay & rent free. I have Gibs cam software too.
if anyone needs some cost efective proto typing or production runs done please let me know. my e-mail address is
[email protected]

Hey Doug,
I also have a machining center at home and it would love to see some of that 60K.How can a one man shop advertise in a way that were not just bidding for jobs,but maybe win one from time to time?Thanks for the input.

Doug, please let me step in with my two Lincoln's worth. I also have jobbed out some work, usually to someone who wanted to do one "hard to machine" part...I usually found something easy to run and check to try them out on. Sell yourself, be neat...not necessarily dressed up, but don't wear your worst work clothes to see a potential customer. As Doug mentioned, pay attention to details...especially in your correspondence. She's asleep now, but I usually have my over-educated wife edit my letters and e-mails. If you miss out on a quote, try to find out what the winning bid was...I will always tell my vendors what I paid to get it done, I won't tell them who got it. If you were close, cut your shop rate a bit and see if you can pick up the difference in speed or method of machining.
Ask to run or quote on new jobs, somebody has probably become unbearably good at running the old stuff and you may never be able to afford to run those jobs. Where are you located?

Back