What's new
What's new

Haas' new programming system

Dave K

Diamond
Haas has recently come out with a new conversational programming system. You supposedly draw out the entire part to start out, and I'm not sure what happens next. Anyone have any experience with this system yet? I think it's on lathes and centers.

Dave,
I have not seen it yet but I am told I will be updated with it on my machine, I will let you know when I get it. It does sound cool. -matt

Dave,
It came with my new VF-5. The install tech was having problems with it interfering with the operation of the hand held pulse generator...so due to the machine being really big I needed the PG more than the programing system. Haas is working on the bug!
Carl

I've seen it demonstrated on a control panel not attached to a machine. After drawing the part, the control writes all the code, even loops. Makes it easy for anyone to get a job going. Manual editing still has to be done by someone who knows the codes. Cool, though.

Are you refering to GeoPath? We have hade it for about 3 yrs. and it does work very well and easy to learn for 2&3 axis milling. When it comes to 4th axis contour milling it takes a lot of practice and patience.

Haas has recently come out with a new conversational programming system. You supposedly draw out the entire part to start out, and I'm not sure what happens next.
Then you push the button with the gold 'G' on it,
and Gene Haas steps out from behind the electrical cabinet, inputs flawlwss G code into the machine, and vanishes in a small cloud of smoke.....

All TAX FREE of course...

Sometimes, prior to vanishing in a cloud of smoke, Gene flips you 10 Franklins and proclaims, "Halleluea, you just won the lottery!"
The catch is that 2 minutes later, you scrap a part because a chip has made it into your taper and oversized your bore by .0015. Best thing to do then is take the money and RUN!

Back