What's new
What's new

Haas HL-4 info, help, manuals, and tool holders

viper

Titanium
We are about to purchase an Haas HL-4. Being shipped and we are rather green on the lathe stuff. We are looking for any PDF documents anyone could offer. We really want the service manuals as well as operating. We have no idea where to get these unique tool holders that Haas uses.

Also, this machine has the 40/30 Vector drive and we heard that that drive generally was installed with the big bore 4" bar option. Is that true? I have hear everything from 2.5-4" bore.

Also, is the tail stock programmable? Thanks for any help you can offer. We are just trying to school up here before it gets here.

By the way, if one is willing, we would pay for shipping to get the hard copies of the manuals and digitize them in a PDF file here and send them back with a PDF copy. thanks for any help you can offer.

I have the same machine w/o the big bore option. If it comes down to it, I could make you a copy.
I do not have the service manual, but I would love a copy myself.

As far as tool holders go, you will have to purchase them from Haas, $$$$, or make them yourself.

They HARDLY EVER show up on the bay...

Best of luck,

Doug.

The user manuals are available as a download I think even for the HL stuff.
The service manuals can be purchased from HAAS, but if you ask me it isn't what you would call a comprehensive guide to fix everything.
At least not the one for my SL10.

Yeah, I kinda wondered if there was really any useful data in the "service" manuals. Maybe more of an in depth maintenance manual?? Are they worth having? I guess one thing I really need is parts schematics so I can get part numbers for parts from Haas. LIke a parts fiche.

OK, I guess the downloads from Haas are much newer so not much good to me. Does anyone here own an HL-4 by chance??

Viper.

Call them. It most likely will have a part # that is still available.
It is also probably available online but only to the service techs.
The service manuals are actually quite typical. When I was working in the field service ( medical, not machinetool) our manuals were quite useless also to the uninitiated, you really needed the training specific to the machine in order to make sense of it.
It does however have the part numbers, component identifications, basic wiring diagrams and some how-to-s along with the adjustment specs.

Gotcha. I will give Haas a buzz and see what I can get for free out of them. I may need to buy several parts for this machine so I need to know what I am up against.

Yeah. My partners made it sound like we already aquired the thing. After I got in on the deal, I walked away from it. Went for 13K and I have NO idea what the problems are with it. You can get 10K wrapped in one real quick. The turret plate alone is 5K. Got one for sale?? We really only need an HL-2.

Back