What's new
What's new

Mazatrol to Fanuc?

Ox

Diamond
What is required to convert?

I did a search, but it only went back 3 months.
confused.gif

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'd like to say an act of god, but that would be stretching it. Mazatrol is its own state of mind. Kinda neat for a conversational control, but kinda weak at being generic. Most mazatrol machines have that goofy Mitsubishi disk format, so you don't even get anything legible on floppy. Lathe or Mill? a little Mazak terminology
580 blocks = approx. 26KB of memory( standard on an M2 control)
EIA = extra cost option to run fanuc style g codes on a mazak
Generally it is easier to redo the whole thing in fanuc code than try to convert from mazatrol. if you have Griffo brothers software it may be different.

We purchased a CadCam called SolutionWare that handled your basic CAD for generating G code and also had a mod for writing Mazatrol off line and converting between control types (Tplus program to a T2, etc). Supposedly you can make your graphics(CAD) file from the the mazatrol program and then make a Cam program from the graphics. Then you would send the Cam out to which ever post needed for your controller (and vise versa). We had some issues with the software company, as far as what does what, how much is that, and ease of support, so I am not nessicarily recommending it. But all in all the software works OK, not great, and has some bugs that can be aggrevating. If I had it to do over again, I would have recommended saving $12k, and purchasing the $3k Mazatrol mod by itself so you have the ability to program offline, decrypt mazatrol programs offline, and print hardcopies. Which are really the only features we use.

Most good CAM programs will have post processors for both controllers as described above. Support from the software company varies from company to company. If you're programming direct in "G Code", have fun. The advise to "start over" was probably not far off track

Back