What's new
What's new

Mori-seiki SL-2 Brochure

CBlair

Diamond
I am looking for more information on the early to mid 1980's Mori-seiki SL-2. There is one for sale but I am not able to go look at it and I was hopeing to learn more about the machine. If anyone has a brochure that covers this model I would like to see one. A photo copy or scanned image would be enough. All I am looking for is the basic information about its capacity and construction or options, good pictures speak volumes.

Charles

Fanuc controls are generally the most reliable of any so I'm surprised at the $8K figure (it would be better to be a Fanuc 0 series or newer however) I wonder if some of that $8K bill wasn't more "wear" related such as servo motors needing replacment or boards replaced that really didn't need replacment because the repair person guessed that was the problem but really wasn't, sort of thing ?

Having said that, the ideal situation with older CNC is to buy ~two~ identical machines. That way problem diagnosis is much easier, just swap out boards and components temporarily to know absolutely what really is the problem.

just sold a sl2b for $1000.00 the machine ran good for three years and we only paid $5000.00 for it. The monitor went out and some other board.We are not electronic wizards and like it was said the boards can cost a thousand dollars easily plus the time to find the problem. I sold it as a parts machine and kept all the original books i cant rember the control but i know it wasn't fanuc if intrested in the books e-mail me and i will check out what the control was.

Thanks for the information, but what I was really hopeing for was technical information. Swing, distance of travel on the tailstock, if it has a tailstock. Number of tools in toolchanger, type of tool holders used, VDI ect. Hydraulic chuck or pneumatic, bar feed capacity, availability of tool preseters.

This is the type of information that I am looking for. A factory brochure would have this type of information on it and it would be helpful in determining if the machine would be useful to me. The owners are not machinist and don't really have any idea about the machine. The machine is to far away to look at it but the price seems OK. Its not available for the $1000.00 that Pal's Machining had but I still think it is a good deal.

If anyone has used this machine before or has a brochure that they could copy or email me I would appreciate it very much.

Charles

Back