What's new
What's new

Up Dating a Bridgeport R2E3

roodvoets

Plastic
I'm trying to up date a bridgeport series one R2E3 CNC. The Machine has BEI servo motors with NC 400 Controlers. I have been talking with AHHA to provide the parts for the conversion, they will supply the software, computer, and card,how ever they said I need another Card to close the servo loops.
Anyone have any idea who makes a card for this.
I've tried acroloop, they would like to change out my NC400's "which function fine"
Do need to change these out, I didn't price the new servos from acroloop but I think it would add too many $
I can use all the help I can Get.

SIncerely: Bryan

You can get a generic servo control card from Galil or Delta Tau. You will still need a PC to run it and write your own motion control program to interface with the existing software. I've done some AHHA systems but we never got beyond talking in generalities on making a complete closed loop system. I'm sure it is doable but nobody has wanted to pay for the experiment yet and I don't want to buy the hardware just to prove it can be done. Unless you are in love with this mill, don't spend more than 10 grand to rework it. You can buy a new mill for mid 20's. I know the Series 1 is a beefy one but there are limits to what you can cost justify. You can get me at [email protected] if you have specific questions.

Back