What's new
What's new

bendix dynapath 10?????? help!!!

johnfly

Aluminum
does anyone know if support is still there for a bendix dynapath 10 cnc control ???? I have the option to get it in trade and am not sure if the machine a lagun 3 axis cnc mill "bridgeport series 1 lookalike" would be a good trade?? the price is good and the machine looks really nice !!!! but if nobody supports it anymore ...welll...
frown.gif

any coments appreciated...

I'm currently using Dynapath CNC on my Monarch vertical mill at work.
I don't know if it's Dynapath '10', but it's nice.
The control is very user-friendly...conversational programming, a list of G-codes if needed, a real breeze to program and run.
Bolt circles, thread milling, arc milling, pocketing, etc. are EASILY programmed.
To answer your question, I do believe Dynapath is still around. The guy that does maintanece on my Monarch told me that their new line of mills are equiped with the new state-o'-the art Dynapath controls on them.
Maybe check the 'Monarch' website for links.

hay thanks for the input., i need lots of it from time to time...lol
wink.gif
any comments on a lagun 9x49 mill ...good or bad. just opinions...no offense taken. thats what the dynapath 10 control is tied to. anyway i think i am gonna trade with him I dont see how i can go wrong!!!! my shop is small.....

Is this the control you are talking about? This is the SYSTEM 10. It is about the same operational as the DELTA 10. The Delta 10 is PC based and not quite as proprietary as I understand it. NOT that you will be able to go uptown to get parts tho.

My SYSTEM 10 had membrane keypad and the DELTA had a regular type keypad. The Delta doesn't look much diff on the outside. The Delta has a floppy too! When you use the name Bendix, you are telling me that it is 80's vintage?

I replaced this control back in 97 (?) with the Delta. It was at the tyme a $7500 upgrade, but I was having enough downtime and repair bills that I figured it was worth it. Mine was 4 axis tho.

As previously mentioned, they are a GREAT first CNC b/c they are so dang simple! Not real sure about reliability, but I did like mine. I have since sold it to a buddy that needed exactly that machine.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Oops, forgot the pic:

BridgeportSerIISp%2Ejpg

[This message has been edited by Ox (edited 04-18-2003).]

yes that is what i was looking at but it sold awhile back....I have been looking for a cnc mill for allmost a year now for my garage. Seems that everytime i find somthing promising it is 1400+ miles away from me and i can't justify paying top dollar for somthing that i can't go look at.
so i wait and continue to look and look and look.........I think i have allmost talked myself into just getting a new atrump toolroom mill... they really look sweet.I think it was called a bc3.
20k but brand new. Ps your machine looks very nice and robust.

Ps your machine looks very nice and robust.

It is a Bridgeport series II Special. It has a 20" Troyke CNC rotary with it too. It is strong enough (ridged) for most stuff I spect, but it's not a bed mill. 'Pends what you need.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back