What's new
What's new

CNC Machinist/Programmer

Jared Grauaug

Plastic
Looking for CNC Machinist/Progammer proficient in Mastercam. Must be proficient on Lathes some Mill work. Must be willing to work 2nd shift. Job is located in Canoga Park, California. Please contact me regarding position at 818-222-6811 ext.234.

Heck...I got guys with ZERO experience applying for my machinist position.
I'm afraid to put in an ad for a programmer....

I just fired a guy what told me he was a machinist. Scrapped two jobs. Told me all his problems with those two jobs was "bad programming" That had been run 7 or 8 times each with no problems.
What is it, people think I'm not gonna know they are lieing on their app??? :mad:

Can't make a part on a manual machine. Can't figure out how to change a chuck on the lathe. Don't know what an E collet is. This guy looked at me all crazy when I toldhim to use an F drill in tool 8. Asked me what the heck size was that. I told him it's .257 and he asked me why they don't just call it a .257 drill...

Puts the collet nut on over the collet and jams that in the holder.

Where's Boris' hammer?????
Jim

Where's Boris' hammer?????
Currently conducting rectal surgery on the operator who managed to put a 1.5" by 1" by 2.5" long component the wrong way round in a vice :eek: and trashed all the cutters including a £100 walter cutter :mad: bought to replace the one trashed by another operator on another job 3 weeks ago. :mad: :mad:

Boris

Mr Slammy will be back Monday ..... after the local ER has removed him and cleaned him up a bit ;)

I ok with Autocad and MasterCAM...
Im the company draftsman...

I can program our mills and lathes...
Using CAM software or manually programming at the machine...

Very little manual machine experience, but im willing to learn...

How much would you offer for someone like me...

(2 years of cnc experience)

i live in hermosa beach CA
but if the job is good, i would consider moving...

thanks

I think it's Solar's boss looking for someone who actually does machining instead of just surfing the Web.

Sorry Solar, da Devil made me do it.

Rod

stephen thomas wrote:
"E-mergency. Machinable to suit the job. Unless it means something else to CNC machinists?"

Stephen:

Well that certainly makes sense. I must have been thrown off when PBMW talked about "Bad Programming" and where he said "Puts the collet nut on over the collet and jams that in the holder." Which is what can happen to ER collets if you don't know what you're doing.

The "Emergency" collets we have are limited to 5C collets, I haven't seen any "Emergency" DA or ER collets. Not saying they don't exist, just that *I* haven't personally seen any.

BottleBob

BottleBob
Yes, E mergency collet. I have them for 5C and 16C
The guy stuck an ER16 collet in the machine by putting the nut over the collet. Idiot...
He told me he was a machinist. Now...to me, that means I can hand you a print and you go make the part. CNC, Manual. Whatever you need to do to get the part done. This guy flat lied about his skill and thought I would be too dumb to know.

Maybe I can start a Mr. Slammy Association over here.

I know. We can have a monthly dumb operator award, and call it a "Slammy"
:rolleyes:

PBMW wrote:

"He told me he was a machinist. Now...to me, that means I can hand you a print and you go make the part. CNC, Manual. Whatever you need to do to get the part done. This guy flat lied about his skill and thought I would be too dumb to know."

Jim:

The term "machinist" is not well, or universally, defined. Operators with 2 months experience, drill press operators with 8 years experience, and mold makers with 30 years experience, might all be called "machinists" depending on your perspective. "Journeyman machinist" might be a more informative term, but since there has been a lack of formal apprenticeship programs in recent decades "journeyman" is probably not a frequently used term anymore.
I suppose giving a prospective employee a print to make a test part that won't destroy any tooling or machines might be an option.

BottleBob

Back