What's new
What's new

Traub cnc lathe

CBlair

Diamond
Does anyone have any experiance with Traub lathes. In particular I am interested in a model that was built like a standard bed lathe, probably sold as a teaching lathe. Any thoughts on the Traub control? Unfortunately I do not have any information on model or year,(I suspect early 80's), I will find out more next weekend.

Charles

Yes I know that, It is always a gamble when dealing with the unknown. What I need to know is if anyone has personal experiance with the control. I have not been able to check it out under power and I have many questions.

Charles

I can't offer any info on the control, but I saw a Traub lathe sell last month - 10" chuck, 40 HP, live tools, beautiful condition and lots of tooling. Went for $6500 because of the uncommon control.

The Traub lathe that is in question is a 1981 TND lathe. The owner only wants $3500 for it and it is in great shape, like new. It was in a trade school all its life. However its control is the killer. After checking it out more carefully I find it works off of a tape reader and does not have the neccessary keys to program G-code at the operators position. It has instead some kind of early conversational programing useing icon keys. O-well, it looked like a real good deal early on. It still could be if I had the money to retrofit the control. Thanks to each of you for your response to my questions.

Charles

Back