What's new
What's new

Fanuc 15M startup after shipping

todd clark

Plastic
Hey guys, just got a new to me Toyoda HMC and got it powered up. I
can start the spindle in MDI, but I cant get the axes to move at all.
There is no alarm message, but on the bottom of the CRT screen next to
the display of whatever mode I have the machine in it says "STOP".
(I'm not sure this is related, but trying to give plenty of info.) I
was thinking that the encoders may have lost their values. I had a
VMC with an OM control that had that problem frequently. I could
power it down, hold down "CAN" & "P", and I'd be able to do a zero
return. Is there a similar trick I can use on the 15M? Or does this
sound like another prob altogether?

Thanks,

Todd

incremental or absolute encoders? Toyoda is infamous for using absolute coders with no trip dogs. To reset machine home you line up the home markers and go in messing with parameters....... but you should be able to move the axes even if they don't know where " true home" is. sounds to me like you are going into the ladder finding out what it don't like. I know one place that got one, could not do anything with it because the tool changer shifted in shipment and was not reading home. yours may be a similar problem.

I have no experience of the 15M but all the Fanucs we have need to be zeroed before you can do anything.That normally means jogging each slide manually 2-3" away from home position,then setting switch to zero,then use the +x,+y,+Z push button to move slides until they stop on the home limit switch.This is because when you start the control up it does not know where the slides are so homing them tells it.All our other controls tell you to zero reference the slides but the Fanucs assume you have read the book.I will ask an expert of Monday if you still have no joy by then.
Regards,Mark.

Back