What's new
What's new

replacing BOSH servo amps in FP3NC

tomp

Cast Iron
I read a post about replacing the controls on a FP3/4NC and noted comments about difficulty replacing the bosh servo amps. Ive been researching this and found it shouldnt be a problem. These servos are brush/tach motors and the spec plate shows 165v ~11 amps. I found a couple of different manufactures that have off the shelf amps for under $400/axis. Im looking into this because my bosh amp is squeeling quite a bit so Im a little worried about how long its will last. I wondered if anyone else has actually replace the bosh unit yet?

Let me know what model Bosche amp you have, I have several from Bridgeport Interact machines in my stock, they may be the same model. Replacing just one amp in a control with another type may give you big problems. Email me directly at [email protected] if your interested. Bill

Ill pull the bosch specs this weekend and let you know Bill. I agree about replacing just one amp. I would replace the entire servo amp system with 3/4 amps if I did anything. I do have a scope and dc current probe and did a little bench checking of an AMC brush amp on one of the siemens motors. Look fairly good to me but of course the proof would be in the pudding so to speak. Later, Tom.

Back