What's new
What's new

Highest performance cnc control on the market today!

jtimar

Plastic
"3D countouring" with horizontal or vertical machining centers your productivity can be increased by 100% and your maintainence and tool wear decreased at least in half. Check it out! It blows all the competition away. Best of all it comes with a guarantee or money back.

Yeah....Like......WOW !!!
Now, please share.
What in the hell are you talking about?
A name, or manufacturer, of this new-fangled control would be helpful.

Dunno what he means, but Here's a great new machine you guys really should check out! It does everything a lathe and mill can do, plus it also works as a planer and jackhammer! It's waterproof, solar powered and can make you money in your spare time at home.
Don't get left behind, you really need to see this!

Sean
P.S. You should really check it out.

Based on the info jtimar's suppliedI pronounce his posting BS. There's no link that I could find, no identification of the goods, no specs, no source, no nothing. This thread is a waste of time.

How about it jtimar? Got more specifics?

www.numatix.com No bull, I bought this business several months ago and have a very solid Detroit and Windsor customer base. With very good results on machines like Fadal, Tarus, Okuma, OKK, Parpas, etc..

Nice website. I think I would leave off the testimonials page until I had some to post.
Plus, don't leave us wondering. Give us some kind of idea of cost. I know you can't give an exact figure, but give us an example of say a Haas or Fadal typical setup. Gotta know if it's outta my league.
Les

The Control is priced on several levels starting at $23,500 for 3 axis up to $32,500 for 8 axis work. Installation is offered but we recommend local retrofitters. On a Fadal we would do an install, with operator fully trained in three days start to finish. The Fadal would operate at least 3X more efficient than as originally purchased new or used. Our control pkg. works exceptionally well with Fadals. In additon, the machine will have better overall wear and less energy useage.

John, although I won't speak to this controller, the idea is based on high volume products where the cost of the machines is almost insignificant compared the importance of how many can be produced in a day.
The machines, the people to run them, and the space required become more of an accounting issue where a single machine and operator running at twice the speed is more efficient than say... 2 operators and 2 machines running at "normal" speed.
I've seen companies "dump" whole lines of "newish" VMC's in trade for a slightly better model. In their world, the production increase probably pays the machines off in a very short order.
Of course, this sort of accounting is generally based on companies who have a very in-demand product, or a product with a high profit margin and short production schedule (as in "we don't care what it costs, we need it yesterday").

Sean

This guy is so full of crap it makes me sick!

Please tell me how you will make a Fadal increase it's acc/dec, spindle speed, etc.

Do you also change the structure, ballscrews, etc. to improve it's performance...

Why not buy a Fidia, Siemens A2100, Fanuc i series.....

Are DMG, Makino, Toyoda, etc. going down the wrong path......

Is your control capable of changing physics for $23k........

Sean,
I can fully understand your reply on keeping up but this guy is selling a controller, no iron. He states a 100% increase in production with less maintainence and tool wear decreased at least in half.
The only way you will get 100% increase is to run faster and running faster will increase maintainence and tool wear, fact of life.
Your senerio of changing to accept the lastest machines can take advantage of this but putting a controller on old iron doesn't take into account whether or not it can do this. One of my customers has upgraded his laser cutters over the last two years with an outlay of over 3M in UK pounds.
If we were to fit the lastest controller off one of these machines onto the earlier models they would break as they can't compete in speed and design.
At the end of the day it's just a controller that sends commands to the machine. So if I was to build one say it works 100% faster and increase the feed and speed comands sent out to machine a batch of stainless parts would this work?
If so why can't I just increase the feeds and speeds on my original controller?
Sorry but someone is standing in something that's sticky, brown and smells.

John S.

mattei and John, you have valid points, but I think you're going a bit off the deep end with your condemnations of this control. There's really not enough information of their web site to make a definite determiination, but the contant tool pressure and "look ahead" huge memory has some intriquing possiblities to me. Price is painful, but Sean is correct regarding industry production and how $23,000 might be money well spent for many situations. I suspect a typical application involves retrofitting the control to a larger VMC that cost $80,000 originally, where the control upgrade seems a bit less painful. And perhaps some folks might order these on new Fadals, where the cost of the standard Fadal control is subtracted ? Anyway, it might turn out to be all fluff, but I'm not sure just yet, looks interesting to me.

I'm sorry, I've seen this to many times. Yes, it would be nice to put a magic spell on a Fadal and make it capable of moving faster.

I'm sure it's better than many std controls on low price machines, but you can't change the Acc/Dec of a machine with a control. If you increase the feeds it will still over shoot into a corner because the machine can't keep up with the control.

I'm sure it does improve a Fadal because the early ones didn't have look-a-head, but it's still a .1-.2 G machine. Machines like DMG, Makino, Huron, Mikron, etc. are .7 to 2G ACC/DEC. The only way to increase the feed to what he claims without making crappy parts is a combination of the control, structure, drives, screws, spindle speed.

Give me a DMG or a Makino and I would outproduce a Fadal with any control by 8 fold. I've seen it over and over.....

It does sound like a lot of hype. 10g acceleration just by changing the controller? Excuse me, but don't the latest machines have like 2g or something?
And the 1 kilometer table travel. Talk about table sag. Or maybe after a few days of use it will have traveled to Don's shop.
rolleyes.gif

Les

It would be nice to hear one of their engineers respond to these concerns. I suspect jtimar is a "green kid" salesman just fishin for leads.

Hey fellas, as I said, I'm not substanciating this man's claims, but rather stating why a company might spend 23k on a control if it increased production.

When you are talking controllers, you *could* see a 100% increase in production. What we are not seeing here is what it's being compared with. We're not talking about pushing a machine beyond it's limits, but instead replacing a control that never approached the iron's limits.
I've retrofitted a Bridgeport "BOSS" with a PC control (and drives) and it will run circles around the original configuration. Even without the drive replacement, I still think there would be an increase in performance.
The ability of newer controller to fine tune the tool path based on the characteristics of the machine can also be taken into account.
I also suspect that this claimed 100% is due to more efficient toolpath creation over manual shopfloor programming of older controls, not a comparison to an older control which was DNC'd a good program from a state-of-the-art CAM application (if indeed the older control could accept one).

Maybe it can make a huge difference when replacing an obsolete controller, and perhaps it can mearly squeeze out an extra 5% on a machine that was already running great via some algorhythms... I really don't know.
What I do know is that some companies can afford 23k for even a slight improvement in production and that even newer models of the same machine with newer controls are sold from the OEM based on this.

Sean

WORD TO THE WISE:
Anyone claiming a 100% increase in productivity is full of B.S.
Let's see......If I buy this new control, I can DOUBLE my productivity?????
B.S.!!!
30%, 40%,
Hell even 50-60-% is believable.....
Not 100%......NEVER !!

[This message has been edited by Pazuzu71 (edited 08-03-2002).]

Back