What's new
What's new

1980'S CNC LATHE IKEGAI FX25N

SUNDOG

Plastic
LOOKING AT A CNC IKEGAI CNC LATHE IN A FEW DAYS.1980'S OLDER MACHINE. FANUC CONTROL
WORKERS ON FLOOR SAID MACHINE IS EXCELLENT.
I'M A MILLER MOSTLY.NEED HELP ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND OR ADVICE FROM ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS MACHINE. THANKS

I have an 1980 AX25N Ikegai lathe with the 6T-a control. The machine is almost bullet proof as long as its working. BUT if it shuts down, your in for hell. These machines were made by Fanuc-Fuji and know one will help you with info because the company no longer is around. The only one I found in 5 years that has info on it is Ikegai, but they have no info on the control side. I bought mine broke and it took 2 years to get it running, but for 3 years later its working fine.
Also these machine must have balanced 3 phase power. I tryed a converter and it cost me about 1000 dollars in used boards to fix it. Hope this helps
Mike

I can`t remember if mine is a FX20 or 25.Made in 1981 with Fanuc 6T control.I asked the UK agents about it before I bought it three years ago.They reckoned Ikegai had pulled out of machine tool manufacture.The main problem with them is the encoder/resolver (I can`t remember which it has) on the end of the turret ram.If the seals go and coolant gets in it corrodes it and as it`s a special a new one is £1200.If the Fuji spindle motor is faulty you will have major expense as well.Over here the Japanese machines usually come with a step down transformer to bring the volts from 415 to 200/215.These cost a bomb as well.If you come up with any manuals I wouldn`t mind copies.I looked for other owners on the internet but no one piped up.I paid £1000 for mine.
Regards,Mark.

[This message has been edited by Mark McGrath (edited 08-09-2003).]

The lathe with the 6T control was one of the best. Overall check for damage to the turret location pin ( a good indicator on the Ikegai of wrecks) The machine was extremely reliable and I had 6 of them all 25's. They could also be set up to support short bars of about 4 ft in length for barstock work. I would buy one again but look over the turret well and check the control parameters to see how much adjustment has been entered to correct the backlash compensation. If there is a high reading in this parameter the ballscrew may be on the way out.

Back