What's new
What's new

egraving on fanuc

Check out www.deskam.com

I downloaded the free Deskengrave software and it is great. You can type with any windows font that you can find and save it as a DXF file to import into anyother CAM system to generate your code. Or it will output a generic G code that needs a some editing for your machine.

There is some other 3-D software too that might fit your needs, I haven't looked into it much, but the engraving software works pretty good.

Steve

DeskEngrave is a great program... if all you want to do is engrave 2D lettering. I've used it for some time now for simple projects.

However, if you need to do 3D work or something other than lettering, you'll need better software. I, too, am looking for a good 3D program for an upcoming project. Of all that I have looked at, DelCam's ARTCAM seems to be the superior product. http://www.delcam.com I just can't justify the cost until the quoted job becomes reality.

Another neat thing to do with DeskEngrave: Use a font like Wingdings or other picture fonts and you can engrave simple pictures.

What do you have in mind? I've got a few jobs that I have quoted that may materialize. I may need your help.

Back