What's new
What's new

fixture offsets

ron37

Plastic
can anyone tell me how I can get more fixture offsets on my Mazak horizontal machine center?

Ron37,

Can you program around it? If you use G54 etc. for your offsets, can't you just ad a line to shift to the new adress and go from there? How about toggling into incrimental, and moving from there with a line? Any programming solution may require remembering and editing when making adjustments.

I know there are ways to program around this problem, but not knowing what you want to do makes it hard to come up with any solution other than call Joe Mazak with your wallet in hand and ask him for an update or unlock options that are already inside the machine for more.

Yeah, Mazak will charge you big bucks to activate the extra fixture offsets. I, too, would like to know that parameter. However, over the years I have managed just fine with the 6 they give you... even on a 6 pallet horizontal with multiple jobs on each pallet. At the beginning of each part program I assign the offset values using the G10 command. When the next pallet and program are called (from a subroutine) the new program re-assigns the fixture offsets for that job. Kinda primitive but it works.

Back