What's new
What's new

DNC??

"everybody" is using DNC....every plant I've been in, in the past year, with more than 5 CNC machines has had DNC connections to each machine. Just that none of them are reading this forum !

Dunno....all I see is the RS232 plugs at the controls and the data wires running up to the electrical busswork. Haven't really noticed anything beyond that.

Since starting a couple weeks ago in this shop, I have wired one Fadal VMC to a computer for DNC and just setup another computer today with a dual port serial card to handle two more machines, but these older machines don't seem to want to cooperate.

Anyway, coming from a computer background, I can't believe these things are still running off of RS-232. Where's the slot for a network card??

well, you need a really modern control for that. My Cincinnati's with the Acramatic 2100 are direct ethernet connected to my LAN. Sweet as honey. I run most programs off the server. The older stuff you are stuck with rs232. I recomend Cimnet for DNC. a little pricey, but so customizable that you could almost communicate with a lawyer........ The biggest thing that drives me nuts is that every machine seems to be different, no standards in DNC requirements. Leo

we use "procom plus" for communication to the machines to set baud rare. parity (odd/ even)end of block codes, carriagr return signals etc. and we use norton editor for writting and editing the progran offline. these are dos based programs. there are other newer ones out there now now and then i will see one on ebay search cnc + software.

hey - if your still reading this thread, i'm working in a shop with three Haas wired wired with rs232 for DNC. i've gotten fairly familiar with the system - any specific questions?

AFRo,
Where do I start. I am a spoiled A2100 user who needs to set his Haas up for DNC.
biggrin.gif

Take Care
ARB

Back