What's new
What's new

haas controller?

CNC2
If you're talking about the Mitsubishi controls, then maybe, but the Fanucs are certainly not as friendly as the Haas-s IMO.
With a couple of exceptions, HAAS has much nicer features for useability as well as programming.

Matsuura G-Tech 840Di. I hear allot of good things about Hidinhien in 5 axis....

Scott
MMT

In my opinion,it all depends on what you learned on. I have been a Fanuc (Mori and Makino) for 20+ years. We bought a Haas Hs1 4 years ago and the layout of the keypad was a pain to learn(something about old dogs and new tricks).
Nothing is as bad as the old Gemini controls though.

IMO .... they're all "friendly".... with maybe the exception to early imported Siemens controls that were all in German.... that was more of a language barrier though... Functionality and capability is what seperates them. But as someone mentioned earlier, its all about what you're accustomed to.

i have used a good variety of controls over the years, and i have to say that Haas is not particularly better than others, they all have good and bad points, and some guys love certain 'features' that another hates, but having said that i am using the fanuc 32i and its really a Rolls Royce compared to my O-T control!

Well, couple more posts and we have successfully listed every single control ever built.
Since this is a rather preference specific question, can you elaborate on your preferences?
I know what I don't like about my Fanuc, know some people who hate the Hurco, heard rumblings of cumbersome stuff on Siemens, so the thing is quite subjective.

I second the Centurion controls. I am training someone right now who has run mazaks and used fanuc controls and he was amazed at the ease of use.
On the other hand we had some old fart:) that we had to let go, that could not get a handle on it. It is a pc based control and he hated computers yet he was a cnc "programmer". Anyone else I have trained thinks it is a breaze to pick up.

We haven't mentioned every control yet. Mazak controls and the Fadal Controls haven't been mentioned yet..... That being said, I have never used a haas control yet. Though from watching people use them so far I can't say that they are any better or worse than any others. I personally am a big fanuc fan, mostly because I am familiar with the finger cam codes, and the custom macro b language, not that I am to ignorant to learn others, if I can buy a Fanuc control with a mill I will. On the other hand, I think if I was given the choice I would go for a Mazak in the turning department. Because from what I can gather mazatrol is about as good as it gets, not that I don't know how to use a Fanuc turning version control really well as well.

Husker

The Acramatic 2100 has some cool things in it. Mazak for me is somewhat a give/take, but I admit to only having a M-2 on a HMC400. Mazatrol in milloing more or less sucks. It will get the job done but one job I was running on the mazak I moved to the Fanuc HMC and dropped the time about 15%. It was mainly idle moves... paramater adjustments may have sped up the mazak, but it would not catch the Fanuc in this case because the iron was so much faster. Haas has some cool stuff, although they are more or less fanuc like. I have never run a Fadal, or a Fagor. Older heidenhains seem strange to me what I have seen of them.

Mazak for me is somewhat a give/take, but I admit to only having a M-2 on a HMC400. Mazatrol in milloing more or less sucks. It will get the job done but one job I was running on the mazak I moved to the Fanuc HMC and dropped the time about 15%.
Not to get on you Willie but.... Thats a poor example. M2 controls are ancient... even older than ancient... for that matter, so is the H400. Still have a place in my heart for those H series though... made tons of money on H400, 500, 800, 1000.. then the Ultra series... Then FH... etc. Back to the controls though. Haas wasn't even around when the M2 came out. Well, Gene was... but not Haas Automation. At least, as I recall. I think he was only building indexers then, machines came later....

Back