What's new
What's new

HASS stops while half way through generating circle

dvice

Hot Rolled
I have programs a few holes and counter bores and figured since I have so many different sizes and they are all one off pieces, that i would generate most of the holes with an endmill, aftr i started them with a standard drill used elsewhere in the program.

so since I want to cut it in several passes, Gibbs programs a sub program that is very short.

on the first hole , the machine stopped after the fourth or fith pass at the ned of the G3 move...I tried it several times and it always stopped at the same spot..

so i moved on and did the three next holes , which were the same basic program! and size!!!

then it happened again on the next larger size hole...got half way through all the stepped increments and just froze at the end of the G3 move....the sub only has these lines:

N1 G3I-.0469J.0421F3
N2G00Z.1
N3M99

thats it..and it will do four or so passes doign that program and then just stop around the end of the g3, before it gets to the G00 z.1!!

the set up move for this sub call is:

N121 G17 G40 G80
N122G0 G57 G90 G94 X-.3281 Y-.4171 S1200 M3
N123G43 Z.025 H3 M8
N124 G1 Z-.0472 F3
N125 M98 P705
N126 G0 Z-.0222
N127 G1 Z-.0944 F3
N128 M98 P705
ECT ECT ECT

ANYONE

hass DEALER WONT CALL ME BACK EVEN AFTER 4 CALLS....

JUST LIKE THE MITUBISHI EDM MACHINE, THEY DONT ANSWER THE PHONE AND THEY TAKE A DAY OR TWO TO CALL BACK.

DAM iD THINK THAT IF SOMEONE COULD COME UP WITH GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, THWEY WOULD SELL MACHINES LIKE CRAZY

BOB

Either you will need to cancel ARC and COMP if you are using G41 and G42. First cancel ARC by G01 then cancel COMP by G40 before rapid to Z.1
Hope that help you.

Nope, Haas is happy as a clam with comp and Z moves, even if they are rapid.

Can't help you dvice, that code seems fine as it is, as ugly as it may be.

Perhaps I've had too much wine, and am unclear as to exactly where it stops but to me the feed of 3 I think would be .0003 inches per min if it doesn't have a decimal point. It may be that it is moving but very slow?

The G01 after the G03 sounds good, so does the point after the feed 3.
I hate it when Gibbs does subs, i always try to get rid of the sub. program and those annoying n numbers.

Kustomizer is on it it's that 3 with no point. That's a feed of .0003/min which would pretty much look like it stopped. I've done that a few times...just a few...dozen.

Dave

That's what I thought about the feed first, but if you look all the feeds are the same, so my guess would be that Dvice does know what he's doing.
Also, Haas does have a parameter where you can set how numbers without decimals are treated.
As far as the subs, I live by them, but never an M98, always M97 local.

I'm not familiar with g43? Is that a typo or something specific to haas? The first two digits on a sub call are usually the sub number, where the second two are the numer of times the sub is to be repeated. Ex. P0102 would call sub 1 two times. Change your program in gibbs and give it a small arc in/out move.

i_r_

G43 is the tool height offset command

I tend to do the same thing with some of our parts on my battered old Fanuc OM mills, drill the hole and use an end mill to open the holes up/make counter bores, however I do it like this
(Fanuc code.... in metric too )

T6 S3200 M6 // tool call
G65 H1 P#101 Q8. // load up for a 16 mm c/bore
G54 G43 G0 X0 Y0 Z2 H6 M13 //position
M98 P0705 // call the sub
GO X-25. // re-position
M98 P0705
G65 H1 P#101 Q10 // change for a 20mm c/bore
G0 X-12.5 Y20 // position and call the sub
M98 P0705
G0 Z25 M5

O0705
G1 Z-7. F100 // feed Z to depth
G1 G41 G91 Y#101 H26 // feed out to value of #101
G3 J-#101 // do a circle
G1 G40 Y-#101 // feed back to center
G0 G90 Z2.
M99

Of course you can tweak to the code for variable Z depths/feeds etc and will more than likely have to tweak it since its Fanuc OM code and not haas code

Boris

ok guys thanks for the replies...the feed is F3. I just didnt type the point when I posted this message.....

the guys from hass cant figure it out either, even though they say WHY post subs?...they dont ike the way GIBBS makes subs....

but I like subs....

I thought I mentioned that the tool cuts 3 or 4 passes fine , and then just freezes after it finnishes a g3

funny thing was to get a round it...I just reset the machine and started the program on the next line of code in the regular program and the job ran...it happened on two of the holes out of 8 that I was generating......

so i got around the issue

as it stands now the service guy thinks i might need a software upgrade....he says when the machine JUST stops....but the spindle is runnign and the coolant is running...but no more code is being read or axiis are moving..that the mahcine is confused..

so I got to pay for the labor and the travel time...but the software is free......

kinda like lifetime brake pads....they could care less about the pads, they want to sell you those new rotors every trip !!!!!! ha ha ha

bob

If I had to wager a guess, I would say that the machine is waiting for the encoder to signal it has hit the programmed spot. (we could be talking 10ths here)
If this is an older machine, that could be it. Have a look at the following error while milling a circle.

Doug.

A software 'upgrade' that you have to pay for?

Sounds like they didn't get the software right in the first place, in which case it's not an upgrade but rather a software bug fix.

I love the bit about the machine being 'confused' too. I can just see it...Alarm 4098: I'm not sure what to do here...hmmm, gimme a minute...

QB

They have emailed us updated software and talked us thru the install, I have had two of our machines stop like that with something to do with the comunication wire to the pc, for a while we had to keep the wire unplugged from the machine untill we wanted to use it. We had a couple software upgrades that made no change. We bought a Preditor system and it fixed it. Someone told me why but I do not remember exactly, something to do with the Haas comunication port always talking and hearing some electrical noise or some gibber like that.
Try unplugging the comm wire and see if it helps, although I think ours did it randomly, not always at one particular spot but it's been a few years.

the software is free... but you have to pay them to come out and install it....

we are having a screen installed as well. because we cant see the words anymore....

I am not sure if the software alone is self intallable.

We do have a side mount changer.

bob

well i posted the program with out subs and sure enough it stopped at about the same spot!

why wouldnt it...the line of code is EXACTLY the same in the sub routine as it is in a program with no sub !!!!!!!

It happened twice..i just reset and started the program on the next line each time....

bob

well the tech took 2 hours to install the new software and it still didnt fix the problem.

They took my program and sent it to their office and ran it on a new machine there... the program ran three times complete and didnt have my issue...but my machine wont let the program do three holes before it stops!!! it will stop at least three times everytime the program is run!!

I typed the info for that operation into MDI and ran it with an m99 for an hour over and over..and it ran perfect!!!!

but the EXACT same info in the program wont run...

funny when it stops you can look at the screen thats shows you DISTANCE TO GO and it reads.0003 on the x and the y axis

so the move isnt quite finnishing... and feel that is the issue....the machine wont go to the next line until it finnishes the last line....

but they dont know why it wont finnish ... and why it finnishes on some holes and not the others.

crazy stuff.. waiting today to hear back what they are going to do

bob

If it works in MDI and not auto, and it hangs at .0003" to go...

I wonder if there is some default setting in auto mode forcing it to get to the exact position before continuing. Not sure how Haas handles it, but look for an "exact position" or "acceleration" or "feed ramps" type of command. On the fadal, it is G8 and G9.... Perhaps it could just ignore the .0003 and carry on with life ?

I had some weird problem like this with my haas. It was unexplainable, but there.

I changed the depth by .0001 and it was happy. I was peck drilling. It didn’t like even depth pecks. I changed the depth .0001 difference between each. Never did find what the problem was just worked around it.

Back