What's new
What's new

Haas control question

sudtechcnc

Cast Iron
Hello
Machine is HAAS VMC (VF1 & VF4)with Haas control

We need to provide a mechanical key switch to prevent operators from editing the program once its finalized.

is it possible ?

( On all our machines with Fanuc control there is a mechanical key for locking out the edit .)

But on the HAAS there is only a soft lock which the operator can easily unlock by calling up that page.
(We want to give the key to the shift supervisor so that no program can be altered without his knowledge)

Request some help on this .

Thanks
MJM

A key switch lock is offered as a control option on the Haas website. I expect with some digging you could figure out how to do it. Maybe someone here has one and can figure out where it is hooked in.

On edit the website says that it is field installable on 97 and newer machines.

One way to do it is is to make the program a sub O09xxx. Subs can be locked out to the operator.
Sorry I can't remember which parameter. You will have to page through. Then have a program that all it does is call up that sub. This was the Haas guy's answer when we asked. It still won't stop the stupidity. Boris really should post a print of Mr. Slammy.

Edit-Or maybe that is what you are referring to as a soft lock. The operator can figure out how to change the parameter and get in the program. If they are smart enough to figure it out, maybe they should get a promotion and more training so they know what they are doing while being held responsible for the results.

Thanks all

To lock out the edit , is what we need.

I checked with our local Haas service person.
Well, he says that the option is available .

You need to take out a connection from some pins provided on the back of the keyboard.

He will get back to me after he checks out the details with Haas USA.( meanwhile I checked out the pins ,and there are a lot of spare pins J9(6 pins),J10 (8 pins),p6,p6A,P7,P8 and J7 each having 4 to 7 pins each ....

Now all we need someone is with a haas who has that option to see which pin is wired to a key switch.

thanks PB ,ARB, and JON,
MJM

Update

I got the details from Haas ( Our local Haas service sent me the elec drawing )

The two pins are pin no 3 and 4 of the J10 connector which has 8 pins

1,2 is CE push button
3,4 is edit lock key sw
5,6 is 2nd home push button
7,8 is auto door push button.

If you send me your mail ID I'll email it to you
PBMW ,ARB,JON,

( JON . the subprogram idea somehow doesn't appeal to me ..cos I'm not a programming guy. But It should come in handy somewhere...thanks)

see ya
MJM

Back