What's new
What's new

How to buy a used Fadal

KKM

Plastic
We need another 4020 Fadal but do not have 60K for a new one. Is the reman fadals for 45K any good? How about an auction if I can find a 1 or 2 year old machine. Can I find a good machine for 30K to 35K cash?
Kevin

Sounds like you're looking for a newer one, but in case you'd consider one not quite as new, I've got a 1994 Fadal 4020 with installed 4th axis for sale that's in excellent condition. Except for still having chips in the pan it appears pretty much as new, and more importantly, holds near new tolerances. Click link for photo and more specs.

www.machinetools.com/mt/metalink.tmpl?id=10434315754582547

(will sell for less than the listed price as I need the room....really
smile.gif
)

I haven't seen any one or two year old Fadals sell at auctions, so don't know what they sell for in that situation. For some reason, if there is a 1 or 2 year old VMC at auction, it tends to be a Haas, from my experience on the east coast anyway.

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 01-24-2003).]

Kevin,

I was speaking to an associate last week who told me of a company in Cleveland, Oh. recently taken over by a bank due to bankruptcy. I am led to believe they have dozens of Fadal VMC's they would like to liquidate. This is purely word of mouth, but you might feel it worth a phone call.

Send me an email, [email protected] and I will forward you the info.

Mazakman {Mike}

Back