What's new
What's new

?? Is a magazine barfeeder on your CNC lathe

MikeinNJ

Plastic
Hey all,I'm new to this forum and thought I might put up a post regarding adding or justifying more automation to your factory environment. Or maybe you just have a problem with something you are already trying to run??
My primary work is to interface barfeeders and more recently pick and place robots to all types of CNC lathes and screw machines. And sometimes still some manual automatics.
So if someone has a ? or two I may be of some help.

Cool beans Mike. Great to have you here. I hope to add a CNC lathe to my fold in the next year and your expertise should come in handy. Welcome to the board.

Take Care

ARB

Mike,

I am planning on the purchase of a small CNC lathe and it must have a barfeeder. Looking at an Omniturn, a GT Express {SNK}, or a Mazak 6GT. All are gang style machines.

My dilemma is this; do I buy a magazine type unit equipped for short bars {36"- 48"} to save floorspace and also be able to maximize RPM's, or a unit which can take 10' - 12' bars which will save much bar preparation compared to shorter unit. The concern I also have with the longer unit is rigidity and vibration. Any input you can give me would be appreciated. The Mazak is 1.25 bar cap. and the other two machines can handle 1.062 bar size max. 7,000 max. rpms.

Thanks, Mike

You should check out www.manneng.com
for the new easy feed bar system.WE use them all the time now.The savings are great see for your self.

They are looking for distributors

Regarding the short loader to long scenario.
Only thing as with the short loader your material cannot exceed main spindle length as typically the short loader does not offer any support.
Pay attention to the interface offered by the machine tool manufacturer as there is a difference between a single loader and magazine interface as more signals are needed.
If floor space is not an issue then by all means I like the long loaders but bear in mind when you want to maximize rpm's and other cutting conditions there are alot of other details that need to be addressed.

Tell me if this helps, I can go further with more info.,

Mike

Back