What's new
What's new

4th axis install on Haas Mini

Tim in D

Hot Rolled
So the service guy comes out last Friday to set up the mini. Great! They show up on time, are neat and well dressed nice guys.
I ask, "Did you bring my rotab?"
" Oh, no they said we were just supposed to set you up today. But its at the shop. " ??
Well okay. So he starts messing around,gets it leveled and cycles the tool changer and everything looks good.
He says "We'll go on back to the shop and get the 4th axis and bring it here."
Later I get a phone call....." We can't find any of the cables for that amplifier so we're going to air them in and see you next week." :rolleyes:
Long story short, they came this morning with two amplifiers and cable sets, install one and blow out the main pwr supply board........BANG! :eek:
Back to the shop he goes (it's 10 mins from here) and brings back another tech and a pwr supply. Turns out the install instructions are wrong and would have you hooking up the pwr wires in reverse. Not good.
"Where is the rotab?" I ask
" It's at the shop, we're on our way to go get now." He says.
Jeeeez Loweeeez. Let the adventure begin :rolleyes:
Tim

Jim,
It sounds way too familiar, Did Selway open up a branch in Dallas.

Tim,
Are they charging you for travel time? Selway tried to do this to me, They didn't have enough techs in WA to come out and fix a warranty problem so they brought in a tech from OR about 4 hours away. They billed me for all his travel time including the extra 2 hours he spent getting lost and driving in the wrong direction.

Mark Hockett

No no no, Guys, You got this all wrong!!!

It's called lean-installation! It's part of the lean-thinking strategy!
What the hell do you need that 4th axis for if we didn't even hook up the cables for it yet. He?

dont feel bad, jefferies has changed my dilivery date on our ec-1600 3 times now. tell me that wont piss of riggers on standby. on day i was told it was being loaded on the truck then on dilery date i get a call saying that the machine is still being built...as of the last phone call its supposed to be here on the 22nd at 8am. We will see i guess.

Mark
They're not charging me anything as this is a new installation. As I think bout it though, If this had been a repair call, I would not have found it as entertaining.

Tim

Congrats on the new EC-1600 there g-coder05! What are the specs on that machine??
Jefferies has a great reputation up here in Virginia. Sounds like Haas is jerking them around a bit...

Back