What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Milacron tape coding

mikel

Plastic
Does anyone out there have a copy of the tape coding that Milacron used for their load tapes on the 900 control? I have a copy of the 244 and 232 code but it doesn't match the load tape code. These tape have both odd and even holes on the same tape and don't match ether code. The tape reader doesn't work and is too exspensive to fix. And Cincinnati Milacron inc is no help.
Thanks for any help you can offer
Mike

Cinci. can't help, they sold their control division. It is now in the hands of Siemens. They should still have what you need at their Lebanon, OH plant.

I don't have the number handy, but if you can't find it, I'll get it for you.

Good Luck.

hello
i believe there tapes have mutiple code on them. are you using a btr system? if you have access to a tape puncher with a reader on it and mastercam software you can scan your exec tapes into mastercam as a binary file and load them into your machine thru a dnc system. i did this to two 900s and three big blues in the shop i work in. it has saved endless frustration trying to keep tape readers working. hope this helps
jon

Yes, the load tapes are binary. If you don't have the software to convert the tapes onto disk, you can send it to Advanced Digital Research in California and they will do it for about $300. They also sell excellent BTR units. The tapes must all be saved as separate files and loaded in the normal order specified in the TAG manual. We have done this for many machines.

Thanks for the info, I just bought a ADR BTR from ebay and should get it some time this week. Glad to hear they are good units. What software is needed to convert the tapes?? I have camlite dnc and bobcad, will they work or do I need to get something special.
Thank Mike

i used mastercam when i did it. i don't know what else will work. i think bobcad has a file transfer mode that might work. i used even parity,eight data bits,and one stop bit. i think i used 2400 baud data rate. if you get it to work you can merge your two execs and the patch tape into one file. i kept the mtb and the msc as seperate files.
do you have a tape reader that you can hook up to a pc?
jon

jon - Is there any trick to joining the exec tape and patch tape files into one file? I thought there might be an end-of-tape character or something like that to remove from each file. I already have my exec tapes on file, but I'd like to simplify loading them.

i don't remember any issues when we did it. the two execs and patch are one file to download to the btr. when you press stp,rst,ipl,run the first tape worth loads. it will say completed just like you were using a tape. you can press run again and the second tape worth of file loads. says completed again when second tape loads. press run again and patch loads. then you can stp,rst,run and the system will come up and you can load your mtb and msc files.
my application is two version 1 10vc1250's. if anyone has a similar application i can try to email my files to them if they are interested.
jon

Back