What's new
What's new

Any opinions on the newer Anilam cnc controls ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2,317
D

D. Thomas

Such as the 4200T ? My impression is that the cnc Anilams of the mid 1990's were the pits, but just wondering if the 2000 and newer vintage controls were ok ? Also, any experiences with Anilam support of late ?

I bought two Anilam 5300 MK controls two years ago and retrofitted them onto two Boston Digital CNC300 mills that have extremely weird custom tooling that justified the conversion instead of a new machine. Including time for a couple of simple weldments to mount the arm for the CNC control I converted each one in about three days. The control box supplied by Anilam includes the CANbus control card for the onboard PLC and three Glentek servo amplifiers, a contactor for the servos and fans. A decent cabinet but not as neat as some I have seen. The control is very easy to set up in software and both units have been running twelve hours a day since and I have only lost one servo amp which I think died due to a bad motor. Installation manual is kind of bad but the operators manual is quite good. All in all not a bad control for the money. I have installed Fanuc, Heidenhain and Mitsubishi controls and this one is pretty simple compared to all of the above. My only real complaint is the poor installation manual and kind of bulky control display head.
Tracy

Back