What's new
What's new

134 tool clamp fault on Haas VF1 D

sudtechcnc

Cast Iron
I'm Getting this fault . (about once every hour or so)

134 Tool clamp Fault. (with the following narration)
"While unclamping, the Tool did not release from the spindle when commanded.Check Air pressure and solenoid circuit breaker CB4,This fault can also be caused by maladjustment of Drawbar assembly."

All very clear ...
But I've checked air pressure ,Ive even put a spare air reciever near the machine to offset any sudden air usage elsewhere,
The manual tool change works fine always .
It only happens during auto run.and happens at random to all the tools.

As per the tech's advice I removed the Tool Release piston and checked the O ring . Its fine ,( but I did find some grimy stuff which I cleaned off and Applied some oil on the 'O'ring before assembling.)- Should I be applying Grease instead ?

I tried moving the two proximity sensors closer to the sensing disc ( I didnt adjust the vertical Height because there is a big warning that says I shouldnt be doing it casually...)

the 3 other Haas machines are working on the same air line further downstream.

Its getting to be a big pain.

Please help.

Thanks
MJM

Mine did that when the Mac valve in the back that puts oil in the "spindle purge air" crapped out. Without the oil running down the spindle the tools would stick.

I'm guessing that the tools aren't sticking in the spindle?
We had the same problem recently and temporarily fixed it by upping the pressure to 95 PSI or so.
That got us by for the day that it took for the new Tool Release Piston Assembly ($350.00 or so and lubed with grease) to arrive. The old unit just couldn't quite push the Belleville stack far enough to make the lower limit switch. Like yours, manual changes were fine.
You said you checked the o-ring and it was fine. Do you suppose the grimy stuff you found was wear debris? Ours also had a lot of black grimy stuff that I assumed was from the o-ring, but I didn't take it apart to check.

thanks Mark and Mike,

The 'O' ring was like brand new ( all shiny without any roughing ) ....

I'm a bit confused about the 'spindle purge air' .... the air that comes out of the spindle taper during tool change is making all the right noises on my machine, but I'm not sure if we must get some oil mixed with ....
got to read the manual over again I guess.

thanks again.
MJM

Thought I should update this.

We found the problem after 3 weeks.

It was a loose contact on the connector ( above the TRP )

a six pin male -female removable white plug with coloured wires.

WE removed the plug and fitted a different type of connector.

MJM

MIKE
They were
1,'Tool is Declamped' sensor ( Limit switch)
2, 'Tool is clamped' sensor
3, supply wire for solenoid ( 'declamp the tool')

total of 5 wires on a 6 pin plug.
MJM

Back