What's new
What's new

haas way oil

pilgrimtt

Cast Iron
fault 121 I think I have a broken oil line after talking to a guy who should know. It holds pressure for 30 seconds and then bleeds down. Any suggestions. I'm going to try and fix it this weekend. What is the best way oil?

If its getting up to & holding pressure, I don’t think you have a cracked line. The pressure your seeing is the pump on time. They don’t run continuous. Just a 30 second cycle ever 7 – 10 minutes. That supposed to give you a shot though each meter unit.

At a guess, your Lube pressure switch isn’t making.

Check your manual, but Vactra 2 (VG ISO 68) rules the roost. Thats now called Vacuoline 1409

Regards Phil.

we have 4 haas machines,
all four have the continuously running lube motor ( the worm and wormwheel model - so slowly that you can barely see it move)

most machines that I have worked have the off on type ( off for 15 to 20 minutes then on for 7 to 15 seconds during which time the gauge shows the lube pressure )

for the Haas machine VF4 and VF1 we pull up the knurled disc at the top of the tank and leave it , the pressure should increase and stay there for a while .... a minute at least.

Haas recommended Mobil Vactra oil no 2.

MJM

Back