What's new
What's new

pc software for testing cnc program

ripey

Plastic
Does anyone know software for the pc that can quickly test the code of a multi-spindle cnc turning program before it hits the floor for common mistakes? A program that can easily be introduced without alot of setup?
Thanks,
Ripey

Thanks for the reply. The programs are hand written without any software and saved to a text file to be uploaded to the machine controller. They come out on the floor with many common mistakes because the engineers just throw them together knowing that whoever sets up the machine will basically fix or rewrite the programs to make them work correctly. I was looking for something that could quickly just run through the code and catch common mistakes. The CNC machine controller can do this well, but that doesn't help until the program is loaded into it. Let me know if you need any more clarification. Thanks.

I downloaded the program you suggested. Since I am unfamiliar with it could you please tell me how to test the code with it (some of the options are confusing me a little). Thanks again for the help.

Ripley,
Load your code into the program.
Hit F11 and you will get a graphical display screen up of the tool path.
If this looks really weird go into the setup menu and under machine type alter the arc center to either abslute or incremental depending on your code, then save the alteration.
If you now keep hiting S for Step the graphical display will step thru a line at a time.
If you get any spurious moves you can swap back to the code screen by minimumising the graphical window and the cursor will be on the current line.

Holding the S key down will run thru the program.

Have a good read of the instructions on the web page.

John S.

I run GN67's (Gildemeister) and Index G-200's. All programs are hand written to text files, and usually copy and pasted together, sent out to floor through pc, then uploaded to controller through a network.

Back