What's new
What's new

Amada Down-Acting Press Brakes

artech

Plastic
I own an '99 Amada HFB1704,187Ton, 6-axis CNC Hydraulic Press Brake. This machine has never lived up to the kind of performance I was told I could expect from the Amada Sales people. It consistently overbends on one end and requres extensive adjustments to form anything but the most simple of parts.
Amada claims that I am using inferior quality materials.
I am curious to know if anyone out there has had similar problems, or knows of anyone else who has. I appreciate your response.

I have seen this problem many times in my travels. I worked for AMada for 7 years and now run my own service company here in New York.Can poor quality material give you problems when you are bending the answer is YES, But this should give many different problems on the same setup, It sounds to me like you need a servo balance performed on your y1 and y2 valves, also she needs her distance pieces readjusted and most likely the mechanical crowning adjusted. The origin set points for y1 and y2 also most likely need to be reset.The HFB is a complex and unpredictable machine If you are not bending directly in the center You need to inform the control of where you are so it can componsate for y1 or y2. Also there may be a tooling issue. I have also seen one hfb with a bent ram and that machine had multiply bending problems.
Most Amada techs do not want to even touch these machines as they can make even the best tech look stuipid.
Over all I have been able to get them to perform up to Amada's standard with a little time and patience.
When is the last time you changed the iol and filter? Do you allow the machine time to warm up before doing a set up or running production? There are so many things involved that the only real way to help you would to get more information.....
Hope this helps you some
Mike

Back