What's new

gibbs cam

• Thread starter ufscrap
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1,586
U

ufscrap

I am considering buying Gibbs Cam. I do job-shop type work that seldom requires 3 axis stuff, but at the same time it would be nice to have that capacity. Does anyone use Gibbs? If so, what can you tell me about it? Thanks in advance.

We've got Gibbs "seats" coming out of our ears! LOL. Most of the programming is done by a couple guys that do it full time, but in our situation, lots of programming is done at the machines (they all have stand alone computers with Gibbs). We had Pathtrace before, and I can tell you Gibbs is WAY easier, and it can do just about anything. If you have any specific questions, give a yell.

I also use Gibbs. There is not much that it cannot do. For a job shop it rules because it can read most any file that you want to import. This is good for all the different cad programs out there. I am just the opposite, I use Gibbs almost exclusively for 3D work. The only draw back is the cost up front and the cost for every little thing down the road. Overall I would say that you won't be dissatisfied with the capabilities that it will give you and your shop.

ARB

Back