What's new
What's new

Cincinnati VMC opinions

amem

Plastic
I would be great to know what owners (and not) are thinking about Cincinnati VMC,small and medium size,and what CNC is better between Acramatic and Fanuc.
And what about service?
Regards

If you are refering to the Arrow series of machine i can help. First of all the machines are well built and very reliable. We have a Arrow 500 with about 16000 hours on it with no major repairs. My feelings about the A2100 control are that once you forget the Fanuc garbage that you have learned you will not find a better control. Once I got to know it I came to wonder why every other machine tool builder does not offer this control. This control kicks butt.
As for Service. Lets just say that the last 2 machines that I have purchased were not Cincinnati. We also have a Arrow 2000 at work that has some issues that nobody can fix. The problems with this machine seem to stem from its large size (30 x 80). Parts availability is also a problem. 6 weeks for a motor resolver is not acceptable.
I will not go on any more here. If you would like to here more email me and I would be glad to tell the rest of the story.

Take Care

ARB

Of the 5 Cincinnati's I have owned, I still own 4 of them, and kinda sorry I sold the last one, but it made sense at the time. The 2100 is in my opinion the most powerful job shop control on the market today. No BS with dnc, just tie it to the network and run your programs right from the server. I have put a total of about 50,000 hours over thlast 4 years between all these machines, nothing out of the ordinary has gone wrong. My personal experience with local support has been outstanding, and I have had no parts availability issues.
While I liked the 500 I had, I like my 750 a whole lot more. I would not go smaller than a 750 again. My largest machine is a 1500 that I recently aquired used. It came out of a blow molding shop, has about 35,000 hours on a 1997 machine. They replaced it with a new Cincinnati 1500. evidently they were happy with it too.

I own an arrow 500 with FNC control.
Mechanicaly the machine is hopeless. After 3 sets of spindle bearings I have upgraded the spindle assy to the way it should have been done.5 bearings not 3, and added an extra clamp. They have 1 poxy clamp ring holding the whole lot including the drive pulley. The machine was obviously built to a very tight price. It is now restricted to lighter duties and performs well.
The best thing about the original m/c is the FNC control, just brilliant.

Back