What's new
What's new

In Place Spindle Taper Grinding

locher

Plastic
I recently spoke with a maintenance supervisor who has been pulling his spindles when they become bellmouthed, dinged, crashed etc... and sends them to Germany for the manufactorer to fix or sell him a new one. We can grind spindle tapers in place, do complete rebuilds and retrofits in our shop, saving company's big bucks! Check out our web site www.spindles.org and don't send work out of country! Thanks, Dwayne @ Lochers

I can personally vouch for LOCHER, Inc. We've had them in our shop twice to regrind spindle tapers on the machine. Ours were damaged due crashes. The one time it was pretty bad, but they were able to grind it out. That was 18 months ago and all is fine. Gringing the spindle on the machine sure beats removing it.

[This message has been edited by E-Stop (edited 10-11-2002).]

Thanks E-Stop for the vote of confidence! It is great to hear that your machines are running smooth and cutting straight 18 months after we ground the spindle tapers in place! Since I've been on board with Locher Inc, I've started an agressive marketing plan, reaching many new customers. They will typically have us in to work on one machine to "test the water." They will then run production and see the benifits of grinding the spindle taper in place, and have us back to grind more machines. Recently we went back to a new customer in Ft Wayne Indiana to grind 6 more milling centers! Thanks again E-Stop! Dwayne @ Locher Inc

Back